- 2 bunches broccoli rabe
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- You will need a pot of boiling water, a bowl of cold water and a sauté pan
Roughly chop the broccoli rabe and place into boiling salted water. Blanch for about 1 minute (no longer as the broccoli rabe will lose it's vital nutrients into the water). Then remove the broccoli rabe with tongs and transfer to a bowl of cold water to shock them. This will stop the cooking process and keep them a bright green color. Then dry the broccoli rabe, either in a salad spinner or by squeezing out the excess water.