- 1 1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese feta
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- 15 pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Place pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium-low heat. Shake the skillet frequently to ensure even browning—the pine nuts are small and full of rich oils and can burn quickly. When the nuts are fragrant and golden, take the pan off the heat. Transfer the pine nuts to a plate to cool.
In large bowl combine pasta, tomato, cucumber, onion, feta, olives, pine nuts, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss and chill for 1 hour in refrigerator.